Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Stockings Dilemma

I'd really like to make stockings for my family for Christmas this year. Really, really. The trouble is that I just can't seem to decide on a pattern for them. Or fabric.

I keep looking around on Google for pattern ideas. And while there are just so many different ones out there, nothing is really jumping out at me as perfect - except for the ones that I'd never in a million years be able to make! Well, that's not entirely true.

I came up with four ideas that might work:

Star Stockings

[DSC_0269.JPG]

Striped Stockings (some variation of the picture below)



Zigzag Stockings



And Peter decided he would like a snowman on his. Here are a couple ideas:

This one is from this website

 This one I can't find a website that actually brings it up, so I'm not sure where Google gets the picture from...but either way, it's cute!

So, okay. I have ideas. But I guess the next dilemma is fabric. Last night I decided I needed to just use what I have. No matter that none of it is remotely Christmassey (except for the solid red!), I have it and so I should just use it! I started working on the zig-zag stocking cutting out some gray corduroy and turquoise with tiny white polka dots.

But then I decided it wasn't very festive. So this morning, the boys and I piled into the van and drove to Walmart (my closest fabric destination!) and as soon as I walked into the fabric department, I was sorely disappointed with my decision. Why didn't I go to JoAnn's??? We came back home empty-handed, and I am newly resolved to make do with what I already have. I just wish I could figure out how to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment